Last week was a whirlwind of activity as Michael and I prepared for the new school year. Here’s a brief run-down of our crazy week. I bet yours was similar.
- Shopped for kids’ school clothes (had to be Aeropostale) and school supplies (had to be Target since the clothes had to be Aeropostale).
- Took an overnight trip to San Antonio for a romantic weekend before we…
- Met Michael’s parents halfway to retrieve our kids after their two-week vacation.
- Exchanged kids’ clothes–every pair of jeans, shorts, and capris we bought our sweet girl; jeans for our son cause he grew about two inches–because we underestimated our children’s growth spurts this summer when we shopped without them. (Note to self: don’t EVER do that again!)
- Had a Last-Blast-Before-School Day with the kids: let them pick what they wanted for lunch and dinner, saw Shrek 4, went putt-putting and go-karting, then got ice cream!
- Went to their school open house.
- Bought more school supplies and also groceries for friends who came to visit over the weekend.
Needless to say, I did not do any cooking. Therefore, we ate leftovers and went out to eat…a lot.
I am ashamed to say how much we spent at restaurants last week, so I won’t. It has motivated me to get back on track and make healthy, affordable meals at home. With school starting this week and getting the kids back into a routine, this will be much easier. I hope.
I apologize for making you wait. Look for recipes from The Eclectic Woman’s kitchen this week.